Sunday, July 8, 2012

Autodesk Inventor Assignment

As I promised about five minutes ago here's some of my own work from last year. This was an assignment I completed for Parametric Modelling at the Queensland College of Art. It was a learning experience that's for sure, but overall I was fairly happy with the results considering I was new to Autodesk's Inventor. I haven't done any work with it since, rather I've been focusing on 3D Studio Max to get the ball rolling on what will hopefully be a prosperous career in 3D modelling.



These are two of the final renders made using Inventor. It's a simple enough process, but one I was entirely new to. As I mentioned before it was a great learning experience and I strongly recommend anyone who is interested in 3D modelling to give Inventor a try. There are lots of rules and constraints, but coming up with creative solutions to these problems is one of the best things you'lltake away from this program.



 Finally, above you have three simple renders done in Inventor. Not my program of choice for rendering, but since the assignment required its use it worked well enough. I much prefer mentalray or VRay for more robust, realistic rendering.

No comments:

Post a Comment