Sunday, July 8, 2012

3D Studio Max - Group Work.

Easily one of the best group assignments I've been involved in, this was a great collaborative effort between myself, Jorge and Chris. As far as academic results go, we recieved top marks for this effort, and one I'm quite proud of. This was my final render, and while the three of us each went in different directions with our own individual efforts, the final group render is a good collaboration.

I kept my own render dark, as I was trying to create a good contrast through the use of shadows. I think it helped make the form more indentifiable, and I was ecstatic once I got the lighting to work. It took myself and my lecturer a good twenty minutes of experimenting with different reflective materials and testing different lights. In the end it was an architectural material with a ridiculously high radiosity and two free lights which did the trick, with the water only adding to the overall effect. I hope you all like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment